Monday, September 15, 2014

Go Forth and Conquer


So long, Summer. It's been wonderful.

I got to experience my first full California summer since moving to LA and I have to say that I wasn't the least bit disappointed. Biking, swimming, hiking and lots of BBQs, all under this hot and hazy CA sun. 

I love this weird, crazy city and will have a hard time saying goodbye to the beach life once it's time for me to pack my bags (not for a bit...don't get too excited my East Coast friends). 

Redondo Beach, CA

One of my favorite things to do here is spontaneous beach going. Sometimes my roommate and I just take our bikes and go jump in the ocean before work. The water always wakes me up and makes me feel alive! 

We are fortunate to live so close that we even stopped by to watch the sunrise after a long night of fun. There is something about the serenity of the water that makes me feel calm and like all is right in the world. The sea and the sand always helps clear my head and regroup. 

And of course, inspires me to create. 

I have always loved the how the sea foam looks on the water's surface. Subtle swirling patterns.


Very much like the electric light dance the water makes on a sea floor. 





Studying the ocean water was the inspiration for Jaylalas's newest design. I wanted to capture that movement and natural pattern the waves create. 

And so, the Sea Floor line was born. 

Sea Floor Spoon Set


Sea Floor Napkin Rings

These napkin rings are the newest edition to the Jaylalas line. There are two new designs: Sea Floor (above) and Fish Scales (below). 

Both new napkin ring sets also have a matching set of spoons. Classy dinner party anyone?

Fish Scales Napkin Rings
Fish Scales Spoon Set

September is shaping up to be a creative, busy making month for me. Stay tuned for more originals to join the Jaylalas arsenal soon. So many things to make! 

Now I ask you to go get yourself out there, find your beach and get inspired. Use your talent, whatever it may be. Show yourself what you're made of! 


Now a quote to end it all...

"It is never to late to be what you might have become." -George Elliot



Go forth, my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment